Wednesday 9 April 2014

#100happydays

 
This is a little project I've been doing over on Instagram for the past couple of days. I've seen this hash tag pop up occasionally on my feeds and thought I would join in. The aim of the game is to take a photo (preferably everyday) of something that has made you happy. I thought this was a great idea to encourage positivity and to make an extra effort to look for positive, funny and the good things in life which sometimes we all oversee.
I've just approached my 20th day (round of applause) and thought I would share with you my 20 days of happiness :)

Day 1- the first day of happiness and I kicked things off with a very brave scale shot! This made me happy because since February I aimed to eat healthy and exercise regularly and as a result lost 8lbs!
Day 2- This was the image I used for my first ever blog post "Lovely Evening in Letchlade" which documents a perfect dinner in a cosy pub by the river.
Day3- This photo was taken on Tuesday and in other words in our house hold "wrestling" night! It may come as a surprise that I'm a huge WWE fan and every Tuesday we order a take out and slump in front of the TV catching up on our favourite show.
Day 4- Crème Egg Ice-Cream, need to say anymore?
 
 
Day 5- This shows a few cheeky purchases from Lush & The Body Shop, I love visiting these shops they instantly make me happy and managed to pick up a few bargains along the way! (see my previous blog post on this)
Day 6-  This is my good friend "McKinley" and this was taken at the pub on his short break back from the army. We only had him stay for a night but it was great to see him and catch up.
Day 7- "House work done- (except man cave, I don't dare go in there!) laundry done now for the Sunday afternoon workout followed by some yoga, perfecto!"
Day 8- Nothing beats a good ol' fry up! Possibly not your traditional English breakfast but these are all my favourite bits!
 
Day 9- Emma Hardie Amazing Face Cleansing Balm, never did such cleansing balms bring me so much happiness .
Day 10- Me and my Mummy! On this day we did what we do best, went out and did some shopping and visited one of my favourite little antique shops.
Day 11- Movie night. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in day, especially in the evenings, however me and my boyfriend Mike settled down on the sofa and watched a movie ( I believe Repo Men was on the agenda) and of course no movie night is complete without a bottle of wine, Haribo and Jude Law...
Day 12- Mothers Day, although this is a photo that wasn't taken on Mothers Day I still spent the day with my mum and I love this picture. Being with me mum always brings me happiness, I just feel content, safe, warm and 100% myself, I sense a lot of snaps of us together on my 100 happy days journey!
 
Day 13- This was taken on a Monday which is me and Mikes day off together, we chose to drive down to Western-Super-Mare (the place of so many childhood memories.) It was a great day and the sun decided to stay out for us as well! (see previous blog post to find out more about this day)
Day 14- Have you guessed yet? Tuesday night- take out night! We opted for an Indian!
Day 15- As an attempt to re-boot my healthy eating regime I knocked up chicken breasts and some greens- cant say it came close to the Indian meal the previous night though!
Day 16- Wow, this really is the week of food! You can tell food makes me very happy indeed! On this day I wasn't really up to scratch and spent the night over the rents. After a home cooked meal from my mum (may I add out done both the Indian and the chicken dish!) I was surprised by my mum with a double chocolate cake topped with cream! So very happy! -- my healthy eating didn't last long did it? FAIL! But it did make me feel lots better!  
Day 17- Sorry another wrestling post! This was a screen shot of Wrestlemania which is one of the biggest wrestling events of the year.
Day 18- Just a snap of some very lovely flowers which sit on my kitchen table. I adore flowers and always try to make sure I have some in my apartment at all times! My mum got me a beautiful bouquet of tulips and roses at the start of the month so I thought it would look very cute by placing a few in a milk bottle! They made me happy returning home from a stressful day at work!
Day 19- Bath time! I broke off a few of my carrot bubble bars from Lush and lit a candle, I always enjoy a good soak to clear all thoughts. I picked up the latest Look magazine, solely for the fact that it had Cara Delevingne on the cover, so technically you could say I shared a bath with Cara? Pah I wish!
Day 20- So now up to the present day and today I treated myself to a little gift and something which I've had my eye on for a very long time... Topshop's lipstick in Whimsical. It gorgeous and I'm very happy I came to my senses and bought it!
So that's it for now, all of my 20 days of happiness. I'm thinking of doing an update post every 20 days so you can read up on all things lovely and positive! I've really enjoyed doing this little hash tag-project it really encourages me to think about my day differently and instead of thinking about the negatives (which I think we all are prone to do from time to time) but to think of the positives, how little and silly they may seem!
What's made you happy today?
I'll link below my Instagram if you would like to follow me (would be very appreciated)
And thanks for reading-xx
http://instagram.com/bethwride

 

No comments:

Post a Comment