Monday 28 April 2014

April Favourites


My Favourite picks of April 
Favourites time again and I've managed to accumulate lots of bits and bobs to talk about.
April has been a really good month for me, I've had a well needed week off, which was really nice, I got to catch up with lots of friends, I took a trip to Birmingham to the Bullring which was great and spent some time at home relaxing and giving the place a bit of a much needed spring clean! So feeling fresh and chirpy (must be the chocolate eggs) here are a few other things that have made this month a good'un...

Beauty:
Starting off with an old favourite of mine,
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I absolutely love this it is hands down my all time favourite high street foundation, in fact I'm pretty sure that over the years I must have purchased around 5-6 bottles of this stuff! I particularly enjoy using this during the Spring/Summer months as it gives a fresh dewy healthy ( as the name would suggest) finish and its very affordable.
Kevyn Aucoin- The Sensual Skin Enhancer, I have been eyeing up this little beaut for what seems to be a lifetime and being exclusive to Spacenk it hasn't been the easiest to track down, however when I was in Birmingham I sniffed it out and treated myself to a tub. I don't want to give too much away as I'm going to be doing a blog post on this very soon but its obviously in my favourites for a reason and lets just say the name of this product COULD NOT be closer to the truth! Ohhh Kevyn *kisses tub*

Hair:
Charles Worthington- Volume and Bounce Shampoo & Conditioner, again not going to repeat myself as I have already done a blog post on these (which you can read here) but this volumising duo work lovely together to provide clean, soft hair with a little grit to work as the perfect base for styling and adding lots of texture and volume to your look.

Bath & Body:
The Body Shop Shower Gels, last month I picked two of The Body Shop showers gels up as a bit of an impulse buy (they were on offer and smelt amazing!) and about four weeks later I am slowly becoming close to end of one of them. A slight never- before- panic over shower gels took place and I instantly had to re-purchase, so I grabbed two more to keep in my stocks one being Olive and the other Coconut. There is just something about these gels that really excites me (I know I need to get out more!)  but every time I use them not only my bathroom fills up with their fragrance but my whole apartment! The smell lingers on my skin and they are just so refreshing- they are sooo good that me and my boyfriend had a full on discussion for a couple of minutes about which ones to purchase next! One extra note, they always seem to be on offer as well!
Palmer's Coco Butter Formula Moisturiser, time to go old school now, this moisturiser has been in my life for as long as I can remember, its like a very good friend, it leaves for a few years, then returns and you just pick up where you left off. If you haven't heard of this product then it is a very enriched coco butter moisturiser that softens, smoothes and relieves dry skin and I love it! This product is near enough pure coco butter and smells incredible, in fact I once applied this before bed and well into my shift at work the next day someone recognised the scent. Its very thick and non-greasy and like applying this during the hotter months as it just reminds me of Summer and its very nostalgic. Do you have any products like this??



Skincare:
The Body Shop - Camomile Eye Make-up Remover this product actually makes taking stubborn mascara off a pleasure. I usually skip this step and let my cleanser do all the work for me especially as I usually find make up removers quite harsh on my eyes as they are particularly sensitive but this is lovely, very soothing and gentle and does the job with only a few drops.
Non-Beauty:
Game of Thrones, so this month we have seen the return of Game of Thrones and what a way to kick things off?! For those of you who don't follow this television series- why the hell not?! I always find that whenever I talk about this programme people seem on edge and a bit nervous in case I give any spoilers, but fear not, I'll be kind, moving on swiftly...  
Marks&Spencer's Toffee, Fudge and Belgian Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, yes this really is a thing! Its not Easter until you've shoved one (or maybe four) of these bad boys down ya'. They taste as good as they sound! Need I say any more? *Starts dribbling*
Marks&Spencer's Juice Drinks, since purchasing my juicer in February I always try to create tasty and healthy drinks but sometimes when you work full time its difficult to find space in your day to get your 'juice on' and that's when you need M&S's juices. I went a bit wild and grabbed three big bottles (they were on offer- 3 for £5) and they taste fantastic! I got
  1.  Pineapple, Mango, Coconut Water & Lime 
  2. Apple, Asparagus and Lemon
  3. Orange and Carrot
They provide 2 of your 5 a day and make you feel better about forgetting to juice!


George @ Home- exclusively to ASDA, and lastly, during this month I decided to give my apartment a little spring update and celebrated the fact that I have been living here for almost a year by buying the place a few anniversary pressies. I won't go into detail as I have done a home haul post about all the bits and pieces I picked up. What I will say though is that I was very impressed with ASDA's latest home ware offering and you can click here to find out more! 

So that is it! All the things I have been loving this month, let me know what you have been enjoying and thanks for reading-xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment